Collection and use of personal information
Information that you provide
We will obtain personal information about you whenever you purchase mTickets through the the Uber App.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us. Such personal information includes:
- Information about mTickets purchased, such as the mTicket ID, type of mTicket, date and time of purchase of the mTicket, and the validity period of the mTicket.
- Payment details, information about the financial transactions related to the credit or debit cards used for purchases, the email address the purchase receipt was sent to, and information about credit or debit cards saved in your account.
- Information about mTicket activations, such as the type of mTicket and the date and time of activation, end of the validity time, or expiration of the mTicket.
- Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the App. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information, and the time zone setting.
Your consent to RTD's and Masabi’s use of your personal information is implied by you purchasing an mTicket through the Uber App, or by using the mTicket for travel. Please be aware that although we may request your consent for some disclosures described in this Policy, by purchasing an mTicket, or by using the mTicket for travel, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the sharing of your information collected by RTD and Masabi in the manner described in this Policy, and we will not be required to obtain your consent for any disclosure described in this Policy.
Use of your personal information
RTD and Masabi use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis;
- Fraud prevention and detection (for instance, if your phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, we will use the personal information you provided to verify that you are the individual who made any purchases of mTickets through the App);
- Billing and order fulfilment (including in-App purchase fulfilment);
- Improving our services; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of your personal information
Our third-party analytics providers do not receive any personal identifying information to track the browsing of individual users. We do view aggregated analyses prepared by our third-party analytics providers, but these analyses do not include any personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other companies within the RTD and Masabi group;
- RTD’s agents and service providers; and
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation or to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law.
RTD complies with the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA). For mobile tickets information that is not readily available to RTD staff, mTicket users will be required to file a request through CORA. You may be charged a fee for your request.
We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you; and
- We store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We reserve the right to modify and change this Policy at any time without notice. For any significant changes affecting your rights, we will post a more prominent notice of the change to our website. We encourage our customers to review this Policy periodically. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the App.
Questions and Comments
RTD is committed to adhering to this Policy and to protecting the privacy of its customers. RTD welcomes your questions and comments. If you wish to contact us, please call RTD Customer Care at 303.299.6000 or contact us online.
You can write to us at:
Regional Transportation District ATTN: Manager, Electronic Fare Operations 1660 Blake Street Denver, CO 80202
RTD Customer Care
Copyright © 2017-2019 Regional Transportation District. All rights reserved.
RTD, 1660 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202