Real Time Information
RTD now provides real time data to app developers, allowing apps to display real time vehicle location updates and arrival predictions based on live GPS locations. Apps enabled with real time information allow you to know where your bus is and when it will arrive at your stop.
Apps enabled with real time information are marked below
- Real time arrival predictions are provided on local, regional, SkyRide and Flatiron Flyer bus routes.
- Real time vehicle location data is provided on all regular fixed-route bus routes. Live train location data will come in a future update.
- Real time arrival predictions begin 30 minutes prior to a vehicle’s scheduled departure from its origin stop.
- Real time vehicle locations are updated every 5 seconds, but the data may be older by the time it reaches your app.
- Every app handles real time information differently, some apps only display arrival predictions, some only display vehicle locations, and some display both.
Apps created by RTD
Real timeWeb AppNext Ride incorporates real-time data to provide accurate and timely predictions for bus and vehicle locations for light rail, making it easier for passengers to plan trips and make connections. Next Ride is available on the RTD website and does not require a separate download from a third-party applications provider (like the App Store or Google Play).
Apps created by third-party developers*
Third-party developers have created some great apps using RTD static schedule data available through Google Transit Feed Specification. We encourage developers to build applications to help customers get RTD information on the go. Visit Developer Resources for more information.
Let us know about other useful mobile tools by email. We can't promise to list every application or tool, but we will consider all suggestions!
*Disclaimer: RTD is not responsible for the content, accuracy or reliability of third-party websites, applications or tools.