Advisory committees are a way for members of the community to be actively involved in RTD projects and initiatives. Here are our current committees.
RTD Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities
Helps to implement positive change to all of RTD services and programs and to ensure and guide RTD’s commitment to people with disabilities and the community overall. Recruitment for this committee is ongoing as spots become available.
Access-a-Ride Paratransit Advisory Committee
A discussion-based group with a focus on RTD’s Access-a-Ride service. The advisory committee seeks to assist RTD to:
- Improve the quality and accessibility of Access-a-Ride services
- Advance the needs of those who require Access-a-Ride services
- Maximize services through effective planning
- Strengthen communication between RTD and organizations that advocate for the needs of Assess-a-Ride customers
- Promote collaboration, transparency, and information sharing
- Provide a unique venue where everyone -from consumers to providers - can come together to discuss the issues facing those who rely on Access-a-Ride services
- Ensure meaningful and diverse community input, participation and involvement in RTD’s para-transit related activities
- Work in concert with RTD’s Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities as that committee works to make RTD’s bus and train operations responsive to the needs of customers who are living with disabilities
Recruitment for this committee is ongoing as spots become available.
RTD Customer Panel
The RTD Customer Panel is a year-long discussion group on RTD policies, procedures, products and services. Recruitment for this committee is usually conducted October – December each year. Watch for information on social media, our website, and Read-n-Ride.
RTD Online Customer Community
An online panel of community members who share their ideas and opinions by participating in brief online surveys throughout the year. Applicants not selected for the Customer Panel are invited to participate until maximum number of participants is reached.
RTD Citizens Advisory Committee
The RTD Citizens Advisory Committee monitors and provides region-oriented advice on the FasTracks Plan and RTD’s strategic plan. It represents citizen and community perspectives on transit issues, and promotes public awareness of RTD’s programs, services and projects. The 17-member volunteer committee represents a cross-section of the region’s population and holds monthly work sessions. Recruitment for this committee is usually conducted March/April each year. Watch the Latest News section on our website for open recruitment opportunities.
RTD Small & Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Advisory Council
Members of the small business community are invited to attend these meetings which are designed to:
- Help increase relationship building across D/SBE communities
- Increase contractor participation and remove barriers to RTD contracts
- Assist in development of outreach programs, educational resources and classes and mentor program.
- Expand our database and focus on D/SBE identification within the community
- Fix obstacles to getting contracts
- Convene special ad hoc assignments of limited duration when necessary to examine D/SBE related issues
- Ensure small business community receives ongoing information about RTD and how to do business with RTD
- Call 303.299.2111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.