July 2016: Leah Kennedy
This month, RTD recognizes Route AB driver, Leah Kennedy, who was nominated by passenger Elizabeth Frick for her excellent customer service.Leah drives the AB from the Downtown Boulder Station to Denver International Airport.
Elizabeth Frick wrote:
“Leah, the bus driver, was the best bus driver I have ever had on RTD. Right away, on boarding, she was totally cheerful and welcoming, which was very nice as I had been traveling for over 15 hours overnight and was tired and cranky. She also explained our route and how to request a stop--all stuff that I knew but very nice for people who had never taken RTD. She also explained the Denver Airport Station, which had totally confused me before. Finally, she was very gracious in retrieving my luggage, which I had mistakenly identified as going to Table Mesa Broadway instead of US 36 and Table Mesa Park-n-Ride (I must have been half asleep). Overall, she was a breath of fresh air on a hard travel day. As I said, she's the best bus driver I've ever encountered on RTD, and most of your drivers are very friendly. Thank you for having a great service”
After receiving Elizabeth's commendation, we wanted to know more about Leah and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I started in March 2015 and have always been an operator.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I sold fire equipment including fire trucks for 18 years. This is where I learned to drive large vehicles.
- What do you like best about driving?
- I love driving a bus!
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I like adult alternative. New music is very cool.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- I would totally tear out the interior and do a conversion into a motor home style coach, then travel the US!
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- Blue is a nice color. The operators in Glenwood Springs don’t wear uniforms (hint, hint).
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- I love driving the AB. The drive is great with lots of hawks and cranes to see. The customers are happy heading to or from a great trip.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I enjoy travel and spending time with my favorite people, Ken my BF and Lauren my daughter.