At RTD, we’re committed to the highest standards in public transit. From bus and rail, to the Free MallRide, Free MetroRide and specialty services, providing our customers with the best-possible service is our priority. Each month we highlight an operator of bus or train for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to feature bus driver Charles Rosa for his quick assistance to a person in need.
“RTD bus driver Charles Rosa who drives the Route 100, saw a man standing on the edge of a bridge. With concern for the gentleman’s safety, Charles pulled over, got out of his bus and walked up to the gentleman and started talking to him. Distressed, the man told him that he was struggling financially, was having family and legal problems and was contemplating the worse. As his concerns were confirmed, Charles talked to the gentleman and encouraged him to rethink his decision. After several intense moments, Charles was able to talk the man literally off the edge of the bridge. Charles called 911, and then sat and just talked with the him until help arrived.”
If you or a loved one are in crisis, reach out to http://coloradocrisisservices.org/
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Charles, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve been working for RTD for a year and 3 months, and I’ve always been a driver.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I used to be Willy Wonka.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Meeting new people.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- 80’s music.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- A Broncos bus with orange and blue seats, playing “We are the champions” in the background, and the driver’s seat would have a back massage.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I would add smiley faces all over my shirts, so the passengers would smile, with a logo on the back that says “be nice to the driver.”
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- I love driving for RTD so any route or service.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Fishing with my son, spending quality time with my family.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.