Each month we highlight an operator of bus or rail for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to do something a little different and feature one of our security officers, Stephanie Suttmiller, who was nominated by passenger Tammy Tyssen for her excellent customer service.
“I had my first ride on the RTD last week and it was by myself. I am a country girl so this was a little confusing at times. I met these two security officers at Union Station who gave me directions, but somehow, I still manage to get on the wrong train. When I realized I had, I got off at the Sports Authority Station which gave me a very secluded feeling. I felt very uneasy at this point, confused and was about to be in tears. I was just trying to get to work. Well one of the nice security officers, Stephanie Suttmiller was on a different train behind me and saw I was standing there looking upset and confused. So she got off the train and helped me. She stayed with me until the right train came and made sure I got on the right train which made me feel at ease and a lot safer. She even gave me a comforting hug. I saw her again today on the W train and she was happy to see by my third try I was doing a lot better and was becoming a pro at it. Stephanie Suttmiller is a wonderful person and security officer.”
After receiving the commendation from Tammy, we wanted to know more about Stephanie and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I have worked for RTD since June 2, 2016.
- What were you in a previous life?
- In my past life I was pirate PegLeg Pete’s parrot.
- What do you like best about your job?
- What I like best about my job is coming in contact with a diversity of people and having the opportunity to serve those people.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I would listen to classical music to keep calm and relaxed during stressful situations at work.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I would change my uniform to all black because it’s more sleek.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- My hobbies and activities are all things I love like the outdoors. I enjoy hiking and spending time in the mountains and with my new dog.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.