This month, RTD recognizes Route 402L driver, Lesha Wortham, who was nominated by passenger Janet Yoder for her great driving skills and positive attitude. Lesha drives the 402L from the County Line Station to the Littleton–Mineral Station.
Janet Yoder said:“I ride various times, and should have done this sooner, but neglected to do so. The driver’s name is Lesha and she is the most pleasant, cheerful, friendly driver I have experienced. She drives well and responds very graciously in all circumstances. You can tell she takes her job seriously and is constantly thinking about performing her job with excellence in the care of her passengers. Would love to have her full time on our route in the afternoon. Just so that you can know for sure who I’m talking about – she is an African American.”
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Lesha, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve been with the company for little over one year. Yes, I have always been a driver.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I was a Princess Warrior fighting for truth and justice.
- What do you like best about your job?
- It’s a new adventure every day. Some are with you on your journey and others are just crossing your way. My job is getting them to their destination safely and timely with a happy face! I chose my job it didn’t choose me and I enjoy what I do. A good motto is do what makes you happy so it’s not a job it’s fun.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Jazz instrumental – music soothes the savage and the beast.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Like the “magic school bus.” I would want it to work just like the one on the cartoon show.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- Changing the color isn’t the issue, it’s changing the uniform. I would love to have skirts. Colors should be versatile!
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- Variety is the key given the opportunity I would like to drive ALL the services the company provides.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I love crafting with my hands and my favorite of all is crocheting. I also like traveling and driving. I think life is a highway. Like the song from the movie, Cars, “I want to drive all night long.”
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.