June 2016: James Kelley
This month, RTD recognizes Route 20 driver, James Kelley, who was nominated by passenger Suzanne Miller for his exceptional customer service and bright disposition. James drives the 20 from National Renewable Energy Lab to 16th and Aurora Court.
Suzanne Miller wrote:
“I cannot say enough good things about James. Not only is he always on time, he is friendly, pleasant and thoughtful. Each day there is a “good morning” when passengers board and a “have a good day” when they exit. If there is snow or water, he does what he can to help avoid areas of accumulation so passengers can board easily. He also lowers the entry for anyone who might have a little trouble stepping up high or down low. His friendly demeanor makes riding the bus feel like a personalized car service. Kudos to James!”
After receiving Suzanne's commendation, we wanted to know more about James and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I have been driving for RTD for four years and six months, and I’ve only been a driver.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I am pretty sure I was the model used by Michelangelo to sculpt the statue of David.
- What do you like best about driving?
- The thing I like most about driving is that I am not cooped up in an office.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I wouldn’t mind listening to some jazz music while driving.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- I would like to deck out my bus to look like the inside of a motor home.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I think the black and gray uniform is a pretty good match for me.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- I wouldn’t mind doing a run to Colorado Springs.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I love to golf, and I build bird houses in my time off.