November 2016: Antwuan Anderson
This month, RTD recognizes Antwuan Anderson, who drives routes 28, 32, and 44. The commendations featured are from passengers Robert Jones and Shayla Preeshl for his positive attitude and great customer service.
Robert Jones wrote:
“I would love to thank Mr. Antwuan for his awesome work as a driver!! Job well done – he announced every stop and even helped me find my way to Frontage Road. I’m new here to Denver and I’ve never met anyone so enthusiast! He made sure I knew where I needed to go and if I needed the connecting bus. He’s a great ambassador of your company. Thank you so much Antwuan!”
Shayla Preeshi wrote:
“Antwuan is an excellent driver with amazing customer service and concern for the passengers on board. I have been taking the bus for the past year every day to work and have never received such a positive experience. He greeted every passenger with a smile and did all he could to assist passengers who needed special accommodations. It was a breath of fresh air to see a driver who actually seemed happy to be at work. I can’t give him enough praise. The Denver RTD system is lucky to have such an outstanding and hardworking employee such as Antwuan”
After receiving several commendations, we wanted to know more about Antwuan and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I have been a driver for RTD since March 2016.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I was previously working towards becoming a paramedic here in Denver.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Besides interacting with my passengers, I love the beautiful scenic views I get to see every day!
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- If I could listen to music while working, it would definitely be R&B, Soul and Pop music. Music seems to brighten up the day and make people a little happier!
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- If I could deck out my bus, I would color it with neon colors, lights and images that grab the viewer’s eye, something to help make my passengers enjoy their ride to wherever it is they may go.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- If I could change my uniform color, it would have to be various hues of yellow, my favorite color! I would love to see brighter colors incorporated with our everyday attire, but I guess brown and gray will do!
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- I wouldn’t change the service I’m driving; however, I would love to drive more of the FF (Flatiron Flyer) buses. I love those buses. It’s truly like driving a Cadillac or BMW, just in a much, much larger size.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Well, I am a musician. I’ve played all kinds of instruments since I was 4 years old. I love creating music and partaking in church activities in my spare time. I also have an interior design and architectural passion as well. I love to design buildings and then bring it to life with amazing décor.