This month, RTD recognizes, Leah Kennedy, who drives different routes. The commendations featured are from passengers for her kindness and excellent customer service.
“I have to say I’ve never had a driver who was kind and generous since I started riding the bus. She informed us which stop we were heading to next and the connecting routes. Even at the stop before Union Station she asked if we were all heading to Union Station before we took off. When we got to Union Station she asked us nicely to sit tight because she didn’t want to see us get hurt. She really cares about her passengers. I commend and thank her for that.”
“I would like to commend the driver of the AB. She is absolutely incredible. She greets everyone and is efficient. She is excellent at her job.”
“We had the best driver on the BOLT. Her name is Leah and she was so sweet to my husband and I. Great way to start the day!”
“Our driver Leah is the best. She is friendly, professional, and efficient. I always look forward to riding with her. Please share my appreciation and gratitude with her.”
“The driver of the FF has made today’s commute extra enjoyable. She pointed out several landmarks along the route. I was impressed by her excellent driving and wonderful banter. Kudos!”
After receiving so many commendations, we wanted to know more about Leah, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I finished my training in April 2015 and have been an operator ever since.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I learned to drive large trucks when I sold fire trucks for 18 years. That’s when I learned how to take care of the customer.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I love making the customer happy. Of course this doesn’t always happen but I try my best. Oh, and driving those big, beautiful buses – having such a new fleet really makes driving a pleasure.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I love new adult alternative music - how nice would it be to have some great tunes.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Flames coming off the wheel wells, and my name printed near the front door. I also would have cup holders for everyone.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- Everyone should wear a polo in the color that best suits them!
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- I just love the AB. Customers are happy going on their trip and coming home. The luggage looks like a jigsaw puzzle to me and I enjoy handling it. The drive is beautiful and we watch for red tail hawks, bald eagles and turkeys. The view of Pikes Peak, Mount Evans, Mount Meeker and Longs Peak are fun to point out to customers.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I love to travel and hope to make it out of the country this coming year. I have a new kayak that I take out to a lake in Longmont. My bike is so sweet to ride around. All with my lovely friends and family who I love.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.