Civic Center Station Closure
Effective July 3, 2016, Civic Center Station has closed for approximately 12 - 18 months as part of an effort to revitalize the station. During the closure - FreeMetroRide passengers will board at the existing stop at 16th and Broadway. Learn more about the revitalization of Civic Center Station.
The Free MetroRide runs a constant loop between Union Station and Civic Center Station during peak rush hours Monday through Friday. You can expect a bus between every 4 and 6 minutes during these times.
Arrivals every 4-6 minutes Monday - Friday
- 5:00 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. - a bus every 6 minutes
- 6:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. - a bus every 4.5 minutes
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:08 a.m. - a bus every 6 minutes
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. - a bus every 6 minutes
- 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. - a bus every 4.5 minutes
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:35 p.m. - a bus every 6 minutes
Catch it at Union Station
The Free MetroRide operates out of five dedicated gates in the new underground Union Station Bus Concourse.
- Gates 1 & 2
- Drop-off only; near the historic building and commuter rail station
- Gate 11
- Drop-off only; nearest gate to the light rail station
- Gate 13
- Boarding only; nearest gate to the light rail station and Chestnut Pavilion
- Gate 22
- Boarding only; near the historic building and commuter rail station
Free MetroRide Stops
The Free MetroRide makes 13 stops during a round trip on 18th and 19th streets, traveling between Union Station and Civic Center Station. The stops markers are distinct from other RTD bus stops and have a white canopy and/or marker with a map of the route and downtown area.
Union Station to Civic Center Station
Civic Center Station to Union Station
- 17th Ave. & Lincoln St.
- 18th St. & Glenarm Pl.
- 18th St. & California St.
- 18th St. & Curtis St.
- 18th St. & Lawrence St.
- 18th St. & Market St.
- 18th St. & Wazee St.
A great pair: Free MallRide & Free MetroRide
RTD's 16th Street Free MallRide, traveling seven days a week down the bustling 16th Street Mall, is another great alternative for getting around downtown. This free service stopping at every block between Civic Center and Union Station is the ideal companion to our new Free MetroRide service. Both provide fast, reliable service to area businesses, convenient connections to bus, light rail, and commuter rail lines.Learn about the Free MallRide