- The RTD bidders list is an internal database used by RTD buyers to find and contact businesses for needed products and services. Fill out this form to get on the bidders list.
Check the current solicitations regularly. This list includes:
- Invitations for bids
- Requests for proposals
- Upcoming solicitations
- Awarded contracts
- Other pertinent information on participating in projects and on contracts
- RTD buses are sold at auction by Roller and Associates. Please contact Dayton Roller at 303.289.1600 or visit www.rollerauction.com.
Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Colorado
Colorado Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (CAHREP)
Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) - Colorado Chapter
Five Points Business Association
Hispanic Contractors of Colorado
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Chambers of Commerce
Asian Chamber of Commerce
Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce
Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce
Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce
Aurora Business Development Center
New West Side Economic Development (NEWSED)
City and County of Denver
Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
Bonding & assessment-related questions
- RTD's Subcontractors Performance Self-Insured Program is for companies that bid on West Corridor contracts of $500,000 or less. Before a company is awarded work under the bonding program, the company will need to be assessed by RTD.
- At this time, requiring collateral is not a planned requirement within the Subcontractors Performance Self-Insured Program; however, small businesses wanting to participate in the program need to be financially stable. RTD will monitor program participants and track payments to suppliers and employees.
- More details about the program will be available after RTD selects a brokerage services firm. Currently, RTD is evaluating proposals from brokerage services firms that bid on the Small-Tier Bond Alternative Brokerage Services Request for Proposal. Check the Business Center regularly for updates on program details.
Certification & application-related questions
No. RTD recognizes Unified Certification Program for DBE firms (firms certified by either of Colorado's two certifying agencies: Colorado Department of Transportation or the City and County of Denver Mayor's Office of Economic Development for work on federally funded projects). However, RTD administers its own Small Business Enterprise Certification Program to certify firms for work on locally funded projects.
The eligibility requirements for certification in both programs are similar. Typically, DBE certified firms are eligible for SBE certification, but the firm must formally apply for SBE certification.
The Small Business Enterprise Certification Program (SBE) was designed by RTD to help small, minority, and women-owned businesses increase their participation on locally funded projects.
The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification Program was established by the Department of Transportation (DOT) in compliance with federal regulations. The DBE Certification Program was designed to ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts in the department's highway, transit, and airport financial assistance programs and to create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts.
In both programs, small business (SBE/DBE) participation goals are established on projects with sub-contracting opportunities. By being certified, you qualify to fulfill participation goal requirements. If the project is federally funded, DBE goal requirements must be fulfilled. If the project is locally funded, SBE goal requirements must be fulfilled.
Having both certifications enhances your opportunity to participate on both locally and federally funded projects.
- Start-up companies are welcome to apply for certification. With your application, please provide documentation of proof of capability in the area(s) you are seeking certification. Such documentation can include resumes, references, other certification, certificates of completion for training programs, etc.
- All applicants are required to submit a Personal Financial Statement with their application. The Personal Financial Statement is necessary to determine if the net worth of the firm's owner falls within the guidelines of the program.
- Your application and Personal Financial Statement will only be available to the Business Opportunity and Outreach Officer and the Certification Officer assigned to your certification.
- Every effort is made to process your application within 45 business days.
- Your SBE Certification can be renewed by filing a new application and Personal Financial Statement for processing.
- Your certification is valid for 3 years.