The Regional Transportation District has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The Regional Transportation District (hereinafter referred to as "RTD") has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, RTD has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the RTD to ensure that DB Es as defined in 49 CFR Part 26 have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
Zamy Silva, Sr. Manager, Civil Rights Division, has been delegated the responsibility and designated as the RTD DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, Zamy Silva is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the RTD DBE Program. Implementation of the RTD DBE Program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the RTD in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
RTD has disseminated this Policy Statement to the Board of Directors and all of the components of our organization. The Policy Statement is posted on the RTD Website, included in its outside procurements/solicitations (i.e., IFB's & RFQ's). We have distributed this Policy Statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perfonn work for us on DOT- assisted contracts. The Policy Statement has been faxed/mailed/e-mailed to all known DBE Stakeholder Organizations and Associations who do or attempt to do business with RTD. A current list of recipients can be obtained by contacting the Civil Rights Division. Answers to any questions may be obtained by contacting Zamy Silva, Sr. Manager, Civil Rights Division at (303) 299-6252 or email@example.com.
All related correspondence can be sent to:
RTD Civil Rights Division
1600 Blake Street, Blk-31
Denver, CO 80202